Bill Wallace, Leica Geosystems senior software product manager, recently spoke with Civil Engineering Surveyor, the professional journal of the Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors, about how 3D scanning and point clouds have revolutionised project data concepts.
Highlights not to miss are:
- Challenges with registration;
- Traditional methods of target-based and cloud-to-cloud fixes;
- Collaboration with the university ETH Zürich to patent algorithms that provide advanced registration methods
- Updates in Cyclone 9.0; and
- Wallace’s predictions for 3D data.
Read the entire interview here, starting on page 37.