Whether your plant infrastructure is ageing and you have safety concerns, or you’re changing maintenance philosophies, capturing legacy plant data and documentation with the aim of life extension is a necessity if you want the plant to remain relevant and competitive.
Maintenance of highly complicated plants requires detailed engineering based on completely accurate, actual site data. The Leica RTC360 3D laser scanner is the ideal solution for producing as-built documentation, which supports the different activities involved in maintaining large complex plant structures. It’s fast, agile and precise, which helps to improve efficiency and productivity, enabling users to overcome project complexities and simplify plant maintenance.
Complete and precise 3D documentation
Traditional, manual methods of measurement are no longer adequate for plant environments that have become more intricate over time. The days of using a pocket tape and clipboard, spending hours hand-measuring the as-built conditions for any environment, manoeuvring around congested spaces, are thankfully over.
Laser scanning technology provides complete and precise 3D documentation, producing accurate point clouds of plant environments that can be checked, marked up and sent on, enabling off-site personnel to plan maintenance work directly from their desks and keep the plant operating in the most cost-effective way.
Capture challenging plant environments
The Leica RTC360 is the perfect solution for inhospitable plant conditions where the accuracy, reliability and speed of operation are critical. The high-performance laser scanner allows users to measure and capture their environments in 3D and, combined with Cyclone FIELD 360 mobile-device app, pre-register and examine scan data on-site.
The RTC360 is the outstanding 3D reality capture solution that truly empowers professionals:
- It measures at a rate of 2 million points per second, including high-dynamic range (HDR) imaging, creating coloured 3D point clouds in under two minutes – all at the touch of a button.
- VIS technology tracks its position from one scan to the next, automatically coordinating the scanner position and linking scans, reducing time spent in complex plants.
- Designed with simple workflows in mind, the RTC360 uses edge computing to stream and process real-time scan data to provide quality control and data registration in the field.
- At only 6 kg, the RTC360 is a lightweight 3D laser scanner that can document the as-built conditions for difficult environments with superior agility. It can also fit into a backpack.
Safer plant management
Since industrial plants are often highly complex environments, manual documentation would not only be laborious but also dangerous. By using the RTC360, on-site safety is increased and plant maintenance is simplified through greater efficiency in the field:
- It can be taken anywhere to scan hard-to-reach areas with a portable design, collapsible tripod and one-touch operation.
- Minimise the amount of time spent on plant obtaining up-to-date as-built documentation and analyse high-quality data from the comfort of your office.
- Provide visiting maintenance contractors with a complete 3D model of the site highlighting danger areas, safe routes and the exact work required.
- Obtain comprehensive documentation of plant facilities to satisfy compliance requirements under health, safety and environmental directives.
Find out more about how the Leica RTC360 3D reality capture solution can enhance your maintenance strategy:
Power & Plant hub Learn more
Expert Insight – Discovering the Power of Scanning Learn more
RTC360 Educational Articles & Insights Learn more